Monday, June 28, 2004

The third time is NOT the charm

As you've probably guessed by the title, I was turned down a 3rd time for disability and SSI. I can't tell you how disappointed and devastated I was when I got the letter. I really thought that that hearing was going to be my breakthrough, but it all came down to the lack of recent medical evidence. My most recent exam was one that SSA sent me to in January 2003, shortly after I moved here to Oklahoma.

I made some phone calls, and I may be able to qualify for some research projects for both my FMS and the RA. That may give me the medical evidence I need to get benefits. Meanwhile, I have decided to reapply for both disability and SSI in hopes that SSA will send me for an exam at their expense.

I have also decided that I must get out of Oklahoma. I will find the money somehow to get out of this state. I cannot get state benefits unless I am already on disability (which is stupid, why would I need state benefits when SSA benefits pay more? Even the man I spoke to at SSA said that!). Oklahoma does not have a program that provides temporary monetary support for those people who find themselves unable to work, like they had in Massachusetts. In that regard, Oklahoma is truly a backwards state. Where I'd go, I have no clue. I want to go back to New England, but where I'd stay once I got there, I don't know.

I'm in a lot of pain right now, mental, emotional and physical. This will be the death of me yet... I have to get out of here!

--MorelaterZ--

No comments: