Friday, April 02, 2004

Stress definitely does not help

This was a pretty bad week for me. First there was that idiot lawyer, then calling medical clinics only to find that they cannot help me, then my sister getting on my case about how I'm not going to get Disability and I should go out and get a job, any job.

Stress does not help my condition, it just seems to make it worse. I'm in a great deal of pain at the moment, and even after taking OTC pain relievers, doesn't seem to diminish it much.

I've decided, though, to ask the SSA to subpoena the doctor they sent me to a year ago January. He did an exam that I felt then and still feel now did not truly show the true nature of FMS as experienced by those of us who work desk jobs. This doctor did not have me sit at a desk for 8 hours, then measure the fatugue I felt for days afterward. He had me do simple range of motion exercises that don't truly measure the discomfort I feel. On this alone he told SSA that I was not disabled enough to get benefits.

I'll be prepared for April 20th. Now I have to see a doctor. This is really starting to get me down in a major way. See Mi Vida Loca for more on that.

MorelaterZ--

No comments: