Friday, September 03, 2004

My "experiment" was a big, fat Greek failure of Olympic proportions

Now I have something to present to a doctor to show that I cannot work.

Sitting at my computer station at home for just fifteen minutes left me in a considerable amount of pain and discomfort. And SSA thinks I can do this for 8 hours a day, 40 hours a week, every week? If I can't do it for fifteen minutes, then anything longer is out of the question.

I can't do it at the library, either, where the chairs are a little more comfortable, but the pain is still there.

I'd like nothing more than to get treatment so I could go back to work at some point, but the plain fact of the matter is that I need help, and help from the state of Oklahoma is not forthcoming. Sooner Care (the Okie equivalent of Medicare)? Gotta be on Disability already. Monetary assistance? Gotta be on Disability already. I wonder if I have to be already on Disability to get Section 8 housing, too? Probably. I intend to find that out.

Thanks, Oklahoma, for all the nothing you've given me.

--MorelaterZ--

No comments: