Tuesday, March 30, 2004

Between a rock and a hard place...

I went and saw the lawyer this morning...and it was a colossal waste of time. He basically told me that because I had not been to a doctor in over a year (because I have no money to pay for one), that he was not interested in representing me. The meeting lasted less than ten minutes.

The man was snotty and condescending! He gave me the impression that he did not believe I have FMS and RA. Believe me, I wouldn't even know how to fake either of these conditions!

So, I left pissed off and wondering why in the hell no one in Oklahoma will help me. I called medical clinics when I got home, and was told by all of them one or all of the following:

1. They didn't treat chronic illnesses
2. They have a clinic that relies on volunteer doctors, and these doctors have been promised that they wouldn't have to testify at SSA hearings.
3. They wanted their money up front, and/or they wouldn't accept money on a sliding scale.

So, WHAT THE HELL DO I DO NOW????

End rant.

MorelaterZ--

No comments: