Monday, December 06, 2004

Okay, maybe it wasn't a waste of time

SSA called me this morning. They got the report from the doctor that I went to for the medical exam last month. Apparently, that doctor notated that I was depressed (I may have mentioned it to her, though right now, I honestly don't remember), and the woman from SSA asked if my depression was a major factor in my claim. I told her that the pain from FMS and RA were the main factors in my claim and that depression was a by-product of my initial illnesses. She also asked, that if I had the money to do so, would I go for treatment for depression. I told her I would. So, SSA will be sending me to another doctor, at their expense, to evaluate me for depression. I told the woman who called me that I didn't like some of the things I was thinking about in the two years since I left Massachusetts.

Perhaps this will be the key to getting Disability and SSI. I'm not going to hold my breath on that, however. I think I will eventually have to leave Oklahoma in order to get benefits if I don't get them this time. I don't think I can go thru all this again. That alone depresses me.

--MorelaterZ--

No comments: