Friday, January 21, 2005

This was a good thing...

I went for my SSA appointment yesterday and I was very pleased with how it turned out. The doctor I went to see was a psychologist and he was very nice and asked me all kinds of questions about me, fibro, my history, my relationships with people, my family, and even questions about my relationship with the Cajun. I took a whole battery of exams and tests, and I have no idea how those are going to turn out.

He even told me that if I needed anything in the way of assistance from him, to just call and let him know and he'll try his best to assist me.

I don't know if I'll get SSI and disability, but I think I am going to try again to get some kind of assistance from the state. The doctor told me that a professional such as himself has to say that I am disabled and awaiting a decision from Social Security, and I should be able to get some form of help besides food stamps. I'll give that a try sometime soon. Maybe this time, I won't go away frustrated.

I probably should know something about Disability in the next few weeks. If I get turned down again, I'm going to talk to a lawyer. This has gone on much too long.

--MorelaterZ--

No comments: